Shropshire Green Party is a collaboration of three separate groups covering the parliamentary constituencies of North Shropshire, Shrewsbury & Atcham, and Ludlow (also known as South Shropshire).
We currently have 4 seats on Shropshire Council and 12 of the 18 seats available on Oswestry Town Council, as well as 3 seats on smaller town and parish councils.
As we come out of this pandemic, people realise the world has changed. We do not want to go back to the way things were. The pandemic has put a spotlight on the rampant inequality in our society and the destructive relationship we have had with our environment. The Greens are the only party looking forward to how we create a better future by pledging to build a Green Recovery for every community across the country.
We may be one of the smaller parties, but we regularly "punch above our weight" and having a "green in the room" is making a significant difference in many areas.
Nationally, we stand for:
- Taking back our health service
- An economy that works for all
- Secure, affordable housing
- Fossil free, affordable energy
- Quality education, no tuition fees
- Making public transport public
Locally, we pledge to:
- Listen to you and keep you informed by newsletters and surgeries.
- Campaign against your money being wasted on ill-conceived projects such as the North West "Relief" Road.
- Speak up against cuts in services that affect Shropshire residents.
- Work in partnership to protect our heritage and improve our town centres.
- Do our best to make Shropshire Council and the Town Councils more open and transparent so you know what is being done with your hard-earned money.
The Shropshire Green Parties will follow the latest advice on campaigning during the Coronavirus pandemic and we will continue to distribute newsletters when appropriate. However we will take extra hygiene precautions, maintain social distancing and keep this area of activity under close review. It is vital, and will save lives, if we all follow the advice from the Chief Medical Officer.